Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) released a recruitment notification inviting the candidates to fill up the vacancy for the post of officer GradeA. As per the detailed SEBI recruitment notification, the streams included for the Assistant manager are Engineering stream, Technology stream, Legal stream and General stream.
Details of SEBI Recruitment 2018
- General Stream – Master’s Degree from a recognised university/ Bachelor’s Degree in law/ Engineering Bachelor’s degree/ Company Secretary/ charted accountant/ Charted Financial Accountant/ Cost & Work Accountant
- Legal Stream- Bachelor’s Degree in Law
- Information Technology stream- Graduate in Engineering/ Masters in Computer Application/ Graduate in any discipline along with Post graduation in computers or technology from a recognised university.
- Engineering stream- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
Vacancy Details of Assistant Manager
Currently, total 120 posts available. Also, SEBI has equal rights either to fill up all the posts or not to fill. Also, the Number of post break up is mentioned below:
- General Stream: 84
- Legal Stream: 18
- Information Technology Stream: 8
- Engineering Stream: Civil-5 post and Electrical 5 post
Dates to remember
However, candidates must remember the important dates mentioned for applying online without fail.
- Begin date of online registration and begin date of payment – 15-09-2018
- End date of online registration and end date of payment – 7-10-2018
- End date for editing application – 7-10-2018
- Also, the Last date to print application – 22-10-2018
- Download of call letters – intimated via email or SMS
- Phase-I online examination – 17 November 2018
- Phase-II online examination- 16 December 2018
- Finally, interview date- shortlisted candidates will be intimated
The candidate must have not attained 30 years of age as on 31-08-2018. However, age relaxation is given for reserved categories. PWBD candidates have relaxation of 10 years while PWBD-OBC has 13 years of age relaxation. Also, PWBD-SC/ST have relaxation of 15 years.
Candidates who aspire to be hired have to undergo three stages. The first stage phase-I exam consists of 200 marks online exam. While the second stage phase-II exam consists of 300 marks online exam.
Phase-I online exam
This exam is common for all the streams and 120 minutes allotted for the exam. While the topics included in Phase-I – General Awareness, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, Test of Reasoning, Awareness about securities Market. Each topic consists of 40 marks. Also, the exam conducted in only one shift. However, the candidates have to secure a minimum of 40%.
Phase-II online exam
Each paper consists of 100 marks. Also, the candidates have to secure a minimum of 40%.
- General Stream – Paper-I: Securities Market with 40 minutes duration, Paper-II: English Writing skills with 60 minutes duration, Paper-II: Economic & Social Issues and Finance & Managment with 40 minutes duration
- Legal Stream/Information Technology/Engineering stream- Paper-I: Financial Sector with 40 minutes duration, Paper-II: English Writing skills with 60 minutes duration, Paper-III: Subject related with 40 minutes duration
Unreserved and Other Backward Class need to pay a fee of Rs.850 while SC/ST/PWBD need to pay Rs.100
- Visit official website www.sebi.gov.in
- Then, open careers link
- Now, search for “Recruitment of Grade A Assistant manager”
- Click on the link mentioned above
- furthermore, a web page will be directed
- Now, click on Apply Online
- Finally, Upload necessary documents or scanned copy- photograph, signature, thumb impression also handwriting declaration
- Above all, submit the application
Else click here for detailed advertisement and online registration.