A huge opening for the post of Assistant Surgeon. Tamil Nadu government has released Medical Services Recruitment Board notification from the aspiring candidates. As per the official MRBTN recruitment notification, total 1884 vacancies are available. However, the candidates selected for this post only on a temporary basis.
Detailed MRBTN recruitment
The notification released on 25-09-2018. Also, to check the complete details of the notification visit the official site www.mrb.tn.gov.in or click here.
The official notification describes that total 1884 available vacancies among them 1709 current vacancies and 175 backlog vacancies. All the available vacancies are different for different categories.
Dates to be noted
- Online application and online fee payment has started: 25-09-2018
- Online application and online fee payment ends on:15-10-2018
- Offline fee payment ends on: 17-10-2018
- Also, tentative Exam date: 9-12-2018
- Candidate belonging to others must have 35 years maximum age
- While Ex-servicemen others must have 48 years maximum age
- Finally, candidates belonging to SC/SCA/ST including Ex-servicemen must have 57 years maximum age.
- candidates must have MBBS degree from a recognized university
- also, minimum of 12 months of House Surgeon
- Most importantly, a registered practitioner under 1914, Madras Medical Registration Act.
- Also, the candidate name must be registered in TMC
- Finally, the candidate must have Tamil knowledge else they must clear language test within two years of appointment.
Pay Scale & Examination Fees
The scale of pay- Rs.56100 to 177500, level 22.
The candidates belonging to General category, BC, OBC required to pay Rs.750. While SC/ST/DAP(PH) required to pay Rs.375. However, make a note that the amount once paid will not be refunded.
Examination Scheme and Centre of examination
Duration of the exam is 2:30 hrs. The written exam consists of 200 objective type questions, 100 marks allotted for this. Also, no penalty for wrong answers. However, the minimum qualifying mark is different for different categories. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/SCA must secure 30% while others 35%.
Those who applied for the post must reach Chennai to undergo a written exam. Also, those who have cleared the exam and shortlisted called for document verification.
Candidate must undergo a written exam and clear it. Candidates in the Merit list makes the final selection. No interview process for this post.
Registration & Application Form
- Visit www.mrb.tn.gov.in
- Click on “Online Registration” for registration as well as the online application form
- Choose your post name
- Fill up all the necessary details don’t fail to mention e-mail id and mobile number. As all the communications are made through them.
- Also, candidates required to upload scanned images of photo and signature.
- Finally, submit the application form.