Indian Oil Corporation Limited has released a notification of IOCL recruitment on 19-09-2018. Moreover, IOCL invites applications from interested candidates to engage apprentices for more than 300 posts. Also, the Apprentices are engaged for the different regions under the 1961 Apprentices Act.
Detailed IOCL Recruitment 2018
Region wise availability of seats
Furthermore, the available trades to apply – Mechanical, Electrical, Telecom & Instrument, Human Resource, Accounts & Finance. While the seats are reserved for different categories. As per the notification, seats mentioned are tentative seats they may change as per state requirement. A total of 390 posts are available now.
Western region Pipelines- total 120 seats
- Gujarat: 76
- Rajasthan: 44
Northern region Pipelines- total 100 seats
- Haryana: 39
- Punjab: 17
- Delhi: 20
- Uttar Pradesh:19
Eastern region Pipelines- total 100 seats
- WestBengal: 38
- Bihar: 24
- Assam: 26
- UP: 12
South-Eastern region Pipelines- total 45 seats
- Odisha: 36
- Jharkhand: 3
- Chattisgarh: 6
Southern region Pipelines- total 25 seats
- Tamil Nadu: 18
- Karnataka: 3
- Andhra Pradesh: 4
Eligibility Criteria & Age limit
All the aspiring candidates must have a minimum of 55% marks in their graduation from the recognized university while SC/ST candidates have relaxation, 45% marks a must for them. However, candidates with higher or professional qualification considered as ineligible for the apprentice posts. Below mentioned trade wise mandatory qualification.
- Accountant- Bachelors degree in Commerce (BCom) candidates can apply for the post, provided a full-time course candidate can apply for it.
- Assistant Human Resource- candidates who have finished any full-time graduation course can apply
- Telecommunication & Instrumentation – three years full-time diploma or two years full-time diploma(especially for the candidates who pursued after finishing ITI through lateral entry) in Electronics & Communication Engineering/Engineering in Electronics & Telecommunication/Engineering in Electronics & Radio Communication/Engineering in Instrumentation & Control/Engineering in Instrumentation & Process Control/Electronics Engineering
- Electrical- three years full-time diploma or two years full-time diploma(especially for the candidates who pursued after finishing ITI through lateral entry) in Electrical Engineering/ Engineering in Electrical & Electronics
- Mechanical-three years full-time diploma or two years full-time diploma(especially for the candidates who pursued after finishing ITI through lateral entry) in Mechanical Engineering/Automobile Engineering.
Also, the candidate must have a minimum of 18 years of age and a maximum of 24 years of age for applying above mentioned posts. However, the reserved category candidates have age relaxation as per the norms.
To get selected as apprentices, candidates must undergo a written test and interview. So, candidates shall secure 40% a minimum qualifying mark in written test as well as an interview both separately. Time allotted for written exam-120 minutes. The exam consists of 85 MCQs- 60 from a concerned subject while the rest 25 from English, general aptitude, general knowledge & reasoning.
Also, the questions made available in both Hindi as well as the English language, the candidate can choose as per his interest. Most importantly, no negative marking for the wrong answer. Moreover, the candidates are called for personal interview base on merit in the ratio of 1:3.
Therefore, candidates must make sure that all the candidates who have minimum qualifying mark will not be called for the interview.
How to apply?
- First of all, candidates must read detailed notification
- Visit IOCL website or click here
- Make registration and fill all the necessary details
- Also, upload required scanned documents like photograph, signature, educational qualification
- Finally, submit the application form.
Dates to remember
- Opening Date for registration: 20-09-2018
- Ending Date for registration: 12-10-2018 by 18:00 Hrs
- Also, tentative exam dates: November or December 2018