Are you asleep or not?
What is insomnia?
Insomnia, according to the experts, refer to the difficulty faced by a person in falling asleep. If you are not able to sleep at nights even when you are tired and have time to fall asleep, you might be an insomniac. So in general, it is actually a kind of sleep disorder.
Insomnia, basically, deals with the problem of improper sleep even when you can have it as well as you need it. The most common symptoms include-
- Low on energy.
- Feeling sleepy or drowsy all the time.
- Feeling irritated and frustrated due to lack of sleep.
- Harder to concentrate on things.
- Not feeling refresh even after sleeping.
- Waking up very frequently.
- Trouble falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Sudden mood changes.
- Acute insomnia- it refers to the inability to fall asleep or stay asleep for a short period of time.
- Chronic insomnia- the sleep disorder occurring for a longer period of time.
- One of the most common causes of this disorder includes, stress. Any kind of stress either financial, social etc., in mind can lead to decreasing sleep, hence causing acute insomnia.
- If a person suffers from any tragic, scary, mind shattering or any other event that affected his/her mind, he/she may suffer from insomnia for some time.
- Any kind of illness minor such as headaches etc. or major can lead to lack in sleep.
- Changes in the sleep schedule is yet another important reason.
- Uncomfortable environment such as noisy places, dirty places etc. can also cause this problem.
- Depression or anxiety can lead to chronic disorder in individuals.
Acute insomnia doesn’t require any kind of serious or complicated treatment. It could be solved by simply sticking to a healthier and proper sleep routine. One should always have a fixed time to fall asleep. Your body needs a proper sleep. If it doesn’t gets it, it may eventually create problems.
Chronic needs to be consulted with a specialist. There are some medications available to solve the chronic problem. Also, in this case, it is important to first solve the reason behind this lack of sleep