The 4th Indian International Science Festival, a four-day festival has started today. The festival organized at Lucknow, Indira Gandhi Pratisthan, Uttar Pradesh by Ministry of Science and Technology, Ministry of Earth Sciences in association with Vijnan Bharati. Also, at curtain raiser event minister Harsha Vardhan dedicated this year IISF to former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee. Additionally, on the occasion, Renu Swaroop, Department of Biotechnology said, women scientist and entrepreneurs role in the scientific growth an additional highlight to the festival.
More about 4th Indian International Science Festival
- Venue: Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- Event dates: 5th October 2018 to 8th October 2018
- Conducted by: VIBHA (website details: www.vibhaindia.org)
- Co-ordinated by: Department of Biotechnology and National Institute of Immunology
- inaugurated by: Honourable President Ram Nath Kovind
This year’s theme is “Science for Transformation”. Also, IISF ends on Monday and Nitin Gadkari, Union Surface Transport Minister preside the closing ceremony.
A four-day event will have following listed activities:
- Foreign Science & Technology Ministers conclave
- Global Indian Science & Technology Stakeholders Meet (GIST)
- International Science Literature & Film Festival
- North East Students Conclave
- Young Scientists conference (YSC)
- Green Good Deeds
- Clean Air Campaign
- Agriculture Conclave
- Health Conclave
- Industry-Academia Meet
- Women Scientists & Entrepreneur Conclave
- National Social Organisation & Institution Meet (NSOIM)
- National Science Teachers’ Congress (NTC)
- Science & Technology for Harnessing Innovations (SAATHI)
- Students Science Village: Reaching the unreached
- Science & Technology Mission: A key Stakeholders & Partners Summit
- Face to Face with New Frontiers in Science
- Guinness World Record
- Nav Bharat Nirman
- Mega Science, Technology & Industry Expo
- Students Engineering Model Competition
- Outreach Programme
- Crafts & Artisans Demo
- Cultural Event
During a press meet on Thursday, Union Minister of Science and Technology Harsha Vardhan and Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said that more than 6000 delegates and 2,500 children take part in the festival. However, they said that IISF provides a good opportunity for the children and young scientist to know about the new innovations.
Additionally, Adityanath said a special training in first-aid will be provided to 3000 children. Furthermore, 600 students take part in DNA isolation. Also, Vardhan said that as per the expectations more than 800 women entrepreneurs take part in IISF. He added, in the previous month for the IISF event, outreach programmes were conducted in 77 cities and scientists and also children participated in this programme.
IISF started in 2015 and thereafter IISF is being held every year continuously with great success. The 1st IISF held at New Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology. Also, during the 1st IISF, VIBHA became Guinness World Record holder. The 2nd IISF also held at New Delhi in 2016 at CSIR-National Physical Laboratory. While the 3rd IISF held at Chennai. However, the 4th IISF being held at Lucknow.
Aim of IISF
The main aim is to show how science & Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics can be used in finding out solutions to improve living. Also, IISF is a celebration made to promote Science & Technology. Additionally, to show how science can make the nation a developed nation. Also, children get awareness about the current happening in India in Science & Technology.