fbpx

Two guests in egypt died because of ” bacterial infection shigella “

0

Two guests travelling Egypt died because of ” Bacterial infection named shigella.

One mother and her young daughter were also taken out from the room after the couple died. They were a family of four. The couple who died fell ill while they were on holiday in the Red Sea Resort of Hurghada.

The guests were take away from the Steigenberger Aqua Magic Hotel. John and Susann Cooper died on 21 August. Later the environmental health officer said they had been suffering from an infection.

The bacterial infection is Shigella. Shigella is a highly infectious condition. It causes diarrhea, stomach cramps. Shigella is comman cause of food poisoning.

How is Shigella caused ?

Shigellosis is an infectious disease caused by Shigella. The Shigella germ is a family of bacteria that can cause diarrhea in humans. People with shigellosis shed the bacteria in their feces. The bacteria can spread from an infected person to contaminate water or food, or directly to another person. 

What are the signs and symptoms ?

Frequent bouts of watery diarrhea are the main symptom of shigellosis. Abdominal cramping, nausea, and vomiting may also occur. Many people who have shigellosis also have either blood or mucus in their stool, and they may run a fever. Symptoms usually begin within 3 days of coming in contact with it.

Where does Shigella come from ?

Shigella bacteria are generally transmitted through a fecal-oral route. Foods that come into contact with human or animal waste can transmit it.

What kind of food can cause this ?

A wide variety of foods may be contaminated from it, including salads (potato, shrimp, tuna, chicken, turkey, macaroni, fruit, and lettuce), chopped turkey, rice balls, beans, pudding, strawberries, spinach, raw oysters, luncheon meat, and milk.

Further investigation

A lawyer for the unnamed family said it was a “crucial development”, and could indicate that “pathogens were present at the property”.

Nick Harris, from law firm Simpson Millar, told the paper: “If you have an illness problem in an all-inclusive property with several hundred guests moving around, you can either close the place for a deep clean or attempt to deal with it while the guests remain in situ.

“If you believe it’s in the water, additional chlorine might be added to it in an attempt to kill the bug, so it’s important to find out things such as what the Coopers drank that evening before they collapsed.

Share.

Leave A Reply