Indian Institute of Technology, Madras has released the GATE 2019 notification on August 31 2018. GATE 2019 conducted as an entrance test for admission into M.Tech/M.E as well as PhD courses. Continue reading this article to know all the details regarding Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering – GATE 2019. The application form for this national level examination made available from Septemeber 1, 2018. The candidate who has cleared the GATE examination can obtain the seat in IITs and IISC. However, depending on the performance of the candidate in the examination, the marks and scores result known.
Know more about GATE 2019
Important steps need to be followed
- First of all, visit the official website
- Follow the registration process
- Log in with your credentials
- Click on the link provided for the application form
- Fill up the application form and submit the form
Download of detailed Information
The candidates can know about the detailed information of the GATE 2019 examination. How can GATE scores be used in jobs? Who conducts the GATE examination? Important dates for GATE exam and many more things. The candidate can download the information brochure from the official website http://appsgate.iitm.in/ also the candidate can download the information brochure from the link https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RtoGVaJH7zqsUDmyY7ql4JXhwuS-pGo5/view
All the aspiring candidates can follow the registration process know.
- Visit the official website or click on the link https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in/register.html
- Give the necessary details like First name, middle name, last name and also the name of the candidate
- click on confirm button.
Note: Enter all the details correctly. Also, the name entered should match your certificate because the name mentioned under the “name of the candidate” option will be displayed in the scorecard.
The candidates who registered can log in with your credentials and apply online.
- Click on the link https://appsgate.iitm.ac.in/
- Enter enrollment ID/Email address
- Give the password which you have created
- click on submit for Log in
- Now, check for the link “Apply online”
- Enter all the necessary details correctly in the form
- Make payment and submit the application form
- Finally, download the filled in application form for future reference
Furthermore, the candidates need to cross check all the entered details before submitting.
Documents or data required while filling the form
Before filling the application form the candidate requires to have a few necessary documents. Below mentioned documents to be checked.
- Name of the candidate, phone number, date of birth and also parents name
- Communication address along with PIN code.
- Degree eligibility details
- Name of the college along with address and PIN code.
- The preferred subject in GATE exam
- Also, mention the city in which you prefer to write the exam.
- Photograph & Signature image with the required size. The photograph file size must be in between 5KB and 200 KB while the file size of signature must be inbetween 5 KB and 150 KB
- Scanned copy of the educational certificate, also category certificate(if applicable)
- ID proof details either PAN card/ Passport/ Voter identity card/ Aadhar card
- Net banking details for the payment.
Important Dates to remember
Therefore, the candidate must remember below mentioned important dates or have a note of the important dates until the examination is finished.
- The application form start date:1st September 2018: Saturday
- The application form End date/Closing date:21st September 2018: Friday
- Extended closing date:1st October 2018: Monday
- The last date to put a request for the change of examination city:16th November 2018: Friday
- Download of Admit card for GATE 2019 exam:4th January 2019: Friday
- Tentative GATE examination dates: 2nd February 2019: Saturday 3rd February 2019: Sunday 9th February 2019: Saturday 10th February 2019: Sunday
- Tentative Results date:16th March 2019: Saturday
Category wise application Fees
Female candidates/SC/ST/PWD need to pay Rs.750 (on or before 21st September 2018) else Rs.1250 (during the extended period). While all other candidates will pay Rs. 1500 (on or before 21st September 2018) else Rs.2000 (During extended period).
However, GATE examination is also conducted outside India. The fees vary and mentioned below.
Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka and Kathmandu – US$50 (on or before 21st September 2018) or US$.70 (during the extended period). Dubai and Singapore – US$100 (on or before 21st September 2018) or US$.120 (during the extended period).
Gate exam conducted in 24 different subjects. However, the candidate can write the examination in only one paper. The examination mode will be in online mode only. The type of questions included in exam- MCQs & Numerical Type questions. Also, a negative mark of 1/3 mark for each mark will be deducted for the wrong answer. The paper consists of 65questions and the marks allocated – 100.