Daughters day is to celebrate the love and joy of raising a girl child. Celebrate this daughters day by gifting her the future with Sukanniya Samridhi Yojana. The scheme specially designed for the girl child. Parents can save the money for their daughters future either it may be marriage or education.
Daughters day special surprise
Celebrate this special day in a unique way. Start the Sukanniya Samridhi Yojana account today to enjoy the benefits in near future. Sukanniya Samridhi savings account was launched on 2015 January 22 by the honourable prime minister Narendra Modi as part of Beti Bacho, Beti Padhao campaign.
Know more about Sukanniya Samridhi Yojana
Who can open the account?
- Any guardian or parents can open the account on the name of the girl child.
- However, a guardian can open the account on two different girl child i.e., one account for one girl child.
- Also, twins and triplets excepted from these rules.
When and Where can the account be opened?
- The account can be opened until the girl child reaches 10 years of age and thereafter you can not avail this savings scheme.
- At any Indian Post Office or banks having this scheme, people can start operating the account.
- The minimum deposit in a financial year – Rs.1000 while the maximum deposit – Rs.1,50,000
- Also, subsequent deposits should be made in Rs.100
- Moreover, the amount may be paid in lump-sum
- If you fail to pay the amount in a financial year, a penalty of Rs.50 charged.
- Once the girl attains 18 years of age, can avail for partial withdrawal
- if the girl finishes her 18 years of age and married then premature closure allowed
- The account can be closed only after the girl completes 21 years of age
A tax benefit of Rs.1.5 lakh under income tax section 80 act. Also, the maturity amount and interest accumulated exempt from tax.
- Birth certificate of the girl child
- proof of birth in case of twins and triplets
- guardian’s identity, residential proof
- photograph of the girl child
The interest rates are fluctuating at the time of initial operations the interest offered was 9.1% then revised to 9.2%. Next, for the year 2016 to 2017, the interest rates revised to 8.6%. Revised interest rates for 2017 to 2018 is 8.3%, Now, the interest rate offered is 8.1%.