If you have a low red blood cell count or haemoglobin then the cells in your body may not get enough oxygen to function properly as a result of which you might feel tired and energy less most of the time.There are many types of anemia but the most common one is caused due to a deficiency of iron in the body. The bone marrow requires iron to produce haemoglobin. Without enough iron in the body, it will not be able to produce haemoglobin for the red blood cells.
The symptoms of anemia
Most of the important symptoms of anemia are very common and may go by unnoticed or confused for something else. Therefore, it’s important to get your haemoglobin count checked if you’ve been experiencing any of the following for a long time now:
- Constant fatigue
- Paleness or dullness of skin
- Severe hair fall
- Lack of energy
- Regular palpitations (heart beating really fast)
- Shortness of breath
- Being moody or feeling low all the time
Here Are Some Natural Remedies for Anemia You Can Try
- Increase Vitamin C intake: Adequate doses of Vitamin C can help fortify you from within and at the same time it also helps in the absorption of iron.
- Yogurt with Turmeric: a cup of yogurt twice a day, morning and afternoon, with a teaspoon of turmeric.
- Eat more green vegetables: The high amounts of chlorophyll contained in green vegetables like spinach, celery, mustard greens and broccoli is a good source of iron
- Drink juice of beetroot or pomegranate: Fresh beetroot or pomegranate juice acts as great blood builders and also blood purifiers
- Drink water from copper utensils and store it in the same:
- Eat sesame seed: Eating sesame seeds is another great way of increasing your iron intake, especially black sesame seeds
- Keep eating dates and raisins: These dried fruits offer a combination of iron and Vitamin C. This enables the body to quickly and effectively absorb the iron from them.
Keep your spirit high and keep fighting you’ll get over it. All the best !